4ad-l Mail for 12-13-1994

Mail in Archive

Subject: Re: lisa g. sample (was)Re: My goodness! Something good on MTV!
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 12:25:34 -0800
From: ivo (beswick@chaph.usc.edu)
Subject: WTB: Cocteau Twins' "Snow"
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 21:50:11 -0800
From: Fun Gus (queso@U.WASHINGTON.EDU)
Subject: Court Ordered Liquidation - Computer Memory - CPU's & Hdsk Drives
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 22:51:39 -0800
From: LIONEL GOLDBERG (actuary@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Subject: another psychocollektor hnia question
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 23:41:12 -0800
From: * kelli-jeanne * (kelli@NETCOM.COM)
Subject: Re: FELT
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:37:52 +0000
From: "A.J. Norman" (nja@LEICESTER.AC.UK)
Subject: Munch Video
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:48:49 +1100
From: Michael Chin (mktchin@WERPLE.MIRA.NET.AU)
Subject: Re: *compilation madness*
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 05:37:34 -0500
From: Susan Curran (susan@ACS.BU.EDU)
Subject: FELT
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 13:16:13 GMT
From: Simon Hughes (tcssph@AIE.LREG.CO.UK)
Subject: Re: Court Ordered Liquidation - Computer Memory - CPU's & Hdsk
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 08:36:45 -0700
From: Raven Zachary (raven@UNIX.NETS.COM)
Subject: Re: WTB: Cocteau Twins' "Snow"
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:49:42 EST
From: Matt Krom (krom@MEDIA.MIT.EDU)
Subject: Re: muse-(was)Re: lisa g. sample
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:54:51 LCL
From: Sargent David Edward (desarg@MAIL.WM.EDU)
Subject: Re: Throwing Muses
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 17:38:00 EST
From: Lawren Wu (lcwu@MIT.EDU)
Subject: Re: muse-(was)Re: lisa g. sample
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 16:36:42 -0800
From: ivo (beswick@chaph.usc.edu)
Subject: I think I need a little poison
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:37:30 CST
From: David Sokol (sokol@sparc.ncpa.olemiss.edu)
Subject: 4 calanders for my collander
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:49:57 -0600
From: missy pepper (ST5C0@JETSON.UH.EDU)
Subject: Wuthering Heights by Sakamoto
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 21:12:40 -0600
From: missy pepper (ST5C0@JETSON.UH.EDU)

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 12:25:34 -0800
From: ivo (beswick@chaph.usc.edu)
Subject: Re: lisa g. sample (was)Re: My goodness! Something good on MTV!


A magazine that I picked up in Pasadena called "Muse", which is dedicated
to female musicians and music, had an interview with Lisa Germano in
which she discussed the sample in Psychopath and why she thought it was
important that the sample be included in the song, although she admitted
to not being able to sleep alone in her house after mixing the song.

Other interesting interviews included Sarah McLachlan, Lynn Canfield from
(tip your turban to the) Moon Seven Times, and Miranda Sex Garden....


btw...to those who offered to send me a copy of Inconsiderate Bitch, I
finally found a copy of my own, but thanks anyway!


Ivo


"Full moon past the window sideways..."     -----------
                                            | *  | * O|
beswick@scf.usc.edu                         |---------|
                                            |   *|    |
                                           ---m-/\/\-m--
                                               (    )


Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 21:50:11 -0800
From: Fun Gus (queso@U.WASHINGTON.EDU)
Subject: WTB: Cocteau Twins' "Snow"


Need it for an x-mas present... Anyone want to sell, or can get it for me
somehow, please let me know.

Thunks alot.

Skye


Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 22:51:39 -0800
From: LIONEL GOLDBERG (actuary@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Subject: Court Ordered Liquidation - Computer Memory - CPU's & Hdsk Drives


Choice Trading Company, Court Appointed Liquidators, have
been assigned to liquidate the following Multi-Million Dollar
inventory of computer Memory Chips, CPU's and Hard Disk Drives.
All items are new and come with applicable manufactures warranty.
Prices quoted include all state and local taxes plus shipping and
handling.

Order                                                 Cost
Number   Mfg.       Description                      (EACH)

Memory

1524    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x3     70ns  1 meg  $ 25.00
1525    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x9     70ns  1 meg    25.00
1526    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 4x9     70ns  4 meg   100.00

1527    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x3     60ns  1 meg    26.00
1528    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x9     60ns  1 meg    26.00
1529    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 4x9     60ns  4 meg   106.00

1624    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 512x36  70ns  2  meg   50.00
1625    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 1x36    70ns  4  meg  100.00
1626    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 2x36    70ns  8  meg  200.00
1627    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 4x36    70ns  16 meg  400.00
1628    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 8x36    70ns  32 meg  800.00

1624    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 512x36  60ns  2  meg   52.00
1625    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 1x36    60ns  4  meg  104.00
1626    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 2x36    60ns  8  meg  208.00
1627    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 4x36    60ns  16 meg  416.00
1628    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 8x36    60ns  32 meg  832.00

Memory for the Macintosh

1122    Toshiba    1 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  1 meg   31.00
1123    Toshiba    2 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  2 meg   62.00
1124    Toshiba    4 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  4 meg  109.00

CPU's

1276    Intel      80486 DX/33                        115.00
1277    Intel      80486 DX/50                        188.00
1278    Intel      80486 DX-2/66                      156.00
1279    Intel      80486 DX-4/75                      358.00
1280    Intel      80486 DX-4/100                     498.00
1281    Intel      Pentium 80501-60                   366.00
1282    Intel      Pentium 80501-66                   453.00
1283    Intel      Pentium 80502-90                   558.00

Hard Disk Drives

Seagate Barracuda Drives
1351    Seagate    ST11950N 8ms  3.5" 1.69 GB SCSI    658.00
1352    Seagate    ST12550N 8ms  3.5" 2.1  GB SCSI    899.00
1353    Seagate    ST15150N 8ms  3.5" 4.2  GB SCSI  1,526.00
1354    Seagate    ST31200N 11ms 3.5" 1.05 GB SCSI    538.00
1355    Seagate    ST11900N  9ms 3.5" 1.7  GB SCSI    628.00
1366    Seagate    ST2400A   9ms 3.5" 2.1  GB SCSI    856.00
1367    Seagate    ST15230N  9ms 3.5" 4.29 GB SCSI  1,454.00
1368    Seagate    ST41080N 11ms 5.5" 9.08 GB SCSI  2,848.00

Western Digital
1366    Western    AC2340 12ms  3.5"  340  MB IDE     122.00
1367    Western    AC2420 12ms  3.5"  420  MB IDE     136.00
1368    Western    AC2540 12ms  3.5"  540  MB IDE     160.00
1369    Western    AC2700 12ms  3.5"  731  MB IDE     230.00

Conner
1372    Connor     CFS420A  14ms  3.5"  420  MB  IDE  138.00
1373    Connor     CFA540A  10ms  3.5"  540  MB  IDE  168.00
1374    Connor     CFA1080A 10ms  3.5"  1080 MB  IDE  408.00

ORDERING INFORMATION

To order please use a company order form/letterhead or if for
personal use, use a plain white sheet of paper with your return
address. List the items desired by order number, the quantity
and total cost.  Send your order with check or money order
payable to Choice Trading Company to:

Choice Trading Company
Order Processing  Lot #1776
86228 Terminal Annex
Los Angeles, Ca. 90086-0228

Orders are processed on a first come basis.  Adjustments and
refunds will be made immediately for items that have sold out.
Please allow 2 to 3 Weeks for shipping.  Due to court ordered
restrictions we are unable to accept COD, phone or credit card
orders.

This public offering is valid through December 30, 1994. Any
unsold inventories will be auctioned.  For auction information
please send a self addressed stamped enveloped to:

Choice Trading Company
Lot #1776
202 So. Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca. 90012
(213) 856 6172

If you are unable to use this information, please pass it on to
someone who may.

Lionel M. Goldberg
Actuary


Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 23:41:12 -0800
From: * kelli-jeanne * (kelli@NETCOM.COM)
Subject: another psychocollektor hnia question


  were postcards ever issued for any of the hnia releases?



  *k-j*


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:37:52 +0000
From: "A.J. Norman" (nja@LEICESTER.AC.UK)
Subject: Re: FELT

              at Dec 12, 94 07:11:10 pm

jtgayton@POLISCI.WISC.EDU wrote:
>
> As far as the later albums are concerned, I have to agree with the praise of
> "Train above the City."  A warning though -- it's largely a jazz album on
> which Laurence had no input.  I think the last FELT album, "Me and a Monkey
> on the Moon" is quite a return to their earlier form though.  I think it's
> the best since "Splendour of Fear."  It's still a pop album, but has some
> really great instrumental passages, particularly "New Day Dawning."

The big difference is that for most of the Creation albums (and
especially "Me and a Monkey...", which is actually on El, but fits into
that period), Lawrence got in outside musicians to provide the
instrumental "muscle".  He played relatively little guitar, and Martin
Duffy's contribution increased (I'd say about a quarter of Felt's stuff
from this period is effectively Duffy solo).  The Cherry Red albums are
more of a "real" group effort - Lawrence and Maurice playing
complementary guitar in a way that only Television could match.

>
> As for DENIM, Laurence's post-FELT band, I like them a lot too, but be
> forewarned -- it's a trashy, kitschy, homage to the seventies.

I see it as a logical continuation of the "Space Blues" and "Me and a
Monkey" sound - Felt were using a Moog towards the end, and the final
album also has a kitschy edge, looking back to Lawrence's childhood.

--
Andrew Norman, Leicester, England | Jedermann sein eigner Fussball
nja@le.ac.uk                      |

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:48:49 +1100
From: Michael Chin (mktchin@WERPLE.MIRA.NET.AU)
Subject: Munch Video


Hi!, Dave here from Season Records, for those who are interested, here's
some info on my latest release...`MUNCH'...
Released in April this year MUNCH is an independent music video compilation
that features 20 videos from 20 bands from 5 countries. The quality of each
video varies, don't expect MTV type stuff!!. Some clips were made with
standard video 8 or VHS, some were made with some snappy equiptment, but I
assure you all the clips are very watchable & the sound quality is great
(even in stereo!).

The bands, in order of appearance are...Cat's Miaow, Haywains, Magnetic
Fields, Tender Engines, Edsel Auctioneer, Meek, Girl of the World,
Pavement, Ripe, Sugargliders, Stinky Fire Engine, Throw That Beat,
Heavenly, Earthmen, Black Tambourine, Afterglow, Boyracer, Even As We
Speak, Ampersands, & Des Garcons Ordinaires.

Now, here are a few places you can buy Munch...
Season Records - 20 Ralton Ave, Glen Waverley, 3150, Australia
Toytown - P.O Box 295, St.Kilda, 3182, Victoria, Australia
Parasol - 202 South First St, Champaign, IL, 61820, USA
Ajax - 2156 W.Chicago Ave, Chicago,IL, 60622, USA
K Records - P.O Box 7154, Olympia, Wash, 98507, USA
Slumberland - P.O Box 14731, Berkeley, CA, 94701, USA
Pop Narcotic - 1085 Commonwealth Ave #339, Boston, Ma, 02215, USA
Mousetrap - P.O Box 3262, Iowa City, IA, 52244, USA
Waaaaah - 4 Shortlands Rd, Kingston, Surrey, KT2 6HD, UK
Rhythm - 172 Gwydir St, Cambidge, CB1 2LW, UK
Rough Trade Shops - London, Paris & Tokyo
Anorak - BP 10, 33026, Bordeaux, Cedex, France
Chimeres(Frederic)- 4 Avenue De La Frilliere,75016, Paris, France
Mind The Gap - Pappelweg 27, 22949, Ammersbek, Germany
A Turntable Friend - Eigenstrabe 82, 47053, Duisburg, Germany
Elefant - P.O Box 331, 28230, Las Rozas, Madrid, Spain
Tetsuji Ohta - 2-3-21-206,Nagara-Nishi, Kita-ku, Osaka 530, Japan

You shouldn't pay more than AUD$25.
Thanks for reading! Merry Christmas!.  Dave.



------------------------------------------
-              Michael Chin              -
- Internet : mktchin@werple.mira.net.au  -
- Voice    : +61 3 720 2681              -
------------------------------------------


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 05:37:34 -0500
From: Susan Curran (susan@ACS.BU.EDU)
Subject: Re: *compilation madness*

              10, 94 04:18:23 pm

> there've been so many compilations to have come out in the past few months
> (and weeks). It's maddening. TB's Wakefield; DC's Hey, Drag City; SMR's
> Working Holiday; ones from Slumberland, Kill Rock Stars, and of course AVAM..
> Can someone give me an overview of just what's out there, and what is and is
> not worth checking out?

The Teenbeat one is a good buy if you're curious about some of the other bands
on Teenbeat besides Unrest. It's got tracks from Versus, Tuscadero, Blast Off
Country Style, Eggs, Vomit Launch, Grenadine, Gastr Del Sol, Air Miami etc,
etc. 17 in all for only $5 mail order or a little more in stores. Cheaper than
2 7"s - I say go for it.

The Working Holiday comp. is a bit spottier than I was expecting. About half
the songs are 'ok' (including some throwaway novelties that are somewhat
amusing) and only half of those, e.g. 1/4, I really love and will spend money
on their other releases. Then again, the Lois and small factory songs are the
best they've done yet, i think. If you're familiar with and like most of the
bands, then you'll probably be happy, otherwise it's a little iffy.

I haven't heard or seen the tracklisting for "Hey Drag City." I've seen the
tracklisting for the Slumberland comp. and it looks really great, but I haven't
gotten around to picking it up.

Rock Stars Kill is another one that seemed better than it is. An amazing new
song from Helium, good ones from the Spinanes and Severed Lethargy, and a few
other pretty-good ones, but the majority is screamy-punk which doesn't do much
for me.

There's also Periscope - the newest from Yoyo studios, run by Pat Maley, Lois'
former bandmate in Courtney Love (the band) is another one I haven't gotten
around to picking up, but judging by the previous two, Julep and Throw, the
odds are strongly in its favor.

AVAM - this is the 4AD list, whaddya expect?! Probably not too many bands you
haven't heard of. About half the tracks have been released elsewhere, notable
exceptions being a really great new song from the Red House Painters, who I
generally don't like. The violin adds a nice touch though, and it's
almost.. upbeat? Well, for them anyway. There's a new HNIA song which is good
except for "Dara" an Alison Shawlike wanna-be cooer. Lush: the childcatcher,
a Split outtake, otherwise only available on some sampler tape that came with
ltd. numbers of some magazine in the UK that never made it to the states, or
something like that. new wolfgang press song from "funky little demons", a new
air miami track, probably from the forthcoming album and a track from kendra
smith, ditto. oh yeah, a new heidi berry song, too. can we say "girl scout
mom"? so it's maybe less than half that's been released so far, but maybe 3/4
will be eventually. kinda nifty artwork though. only real drawback is the
complete absence of any kristin hersh/throwing muses stuff, which was a
disappointment. but get it so you can live vicariously and pretend you waited
in line for 45 minutes to buy it.

also noteworthy is the pop narcotic comp. i like about half of it, but the
packaging is great - 2 brightly colored 10"s with similar bands grouped
together so you never have to go near a skip button.

there's probably a bunch more - a lot of labels have gone compilation crazy
lately, but no others are coming to mind.

*remember to insert 'in my opinion' where necessary, or email for further
elaboration.


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 13:16:13 GMT
From: Simon Hughes (tcssph@AIE.LREG.CO.UK)
Subject: FELT

              12 Dec 1994 19:11:10 -0500

Jeff wrote:

>For those who like this period, I strongly recommend checking out MAURICE
>DEEBANK's solo recordings -- all of which are handily compiled on "Inner
>Thought Zone" on Cherry Red (CD MRED 61).

I didn't realize ITZ was a compilation as such.  I thought it was just an
album he did.  Did MD ever release any other records then?  Incidentally,
in case people are collecting opinions on the subject, I too think that
early Felt is the best.  "Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty" (their first LP)
is excellent and "The Splendour Of Fear" and "Ignite The Seven Cannons" are
both good.  Didn't think much of "The Strange Idols Pattern" though and,
imho, Maurice Deebanks solo album is rubbish --- not a decent tune on it.
Later Felt (ie. the Creation era) just bored me silly unfortunately.

>For those who like DIF JUZ, I
>think you'll really like early FELT.

Another comparison I've heard, which I think is valid in feel, if not in
sound (if you see what I mean), is The Durutti Column.

Simon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Simon Hughes, Consultant
Applied Information Engineering Department, Lloyd's Register,
Lloyd's Register House, 29 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR0 2AJ, UK


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 08:36:45 -0700
From: Raven Zachary (raven@UNIX.NETS.COM)
Subject: Re: Court Ordered Liquidation - Computer Memory - CPU's & Hdsk

              Drives

If you care about appropriate use of the Internet send an email message
to this bozo, actuary@IX.NETCOM.COM, and tell him to get a life.

The liquidation of memory chips, CPU's, and Hard Disk Drives has nothing
to do with the 4AD record label.

On Mon, 12 Dec 1994, LIONEL GOLDBERG wrote:

> Choice Trading Company, Court Appointed Liquidators, have
> been assigned to liquidate the following Multi-Million Dollar
> inventory of computer Memory Chips, CPU's and Hard Disk Drives.
> All items are new and come with applicable manufactures warranty.
> Prices quoted include all state and local taxes plus shipping and
> handling.
>
> Order                                                 Cost
> Number   Mfg.       Description                      (EACH)
>
> Memory
>
> 1524    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x3     70ns  1 meg  $ 25.00
> 1525    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x9     70ns  1 meg    25.00
> 1526    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 4x9     70ns  4 meg   100.00
>
> 1527    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x3     60ns  1 meg    26.00
> 1528    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 1x9     60ns  1 meg    26.00
> 1529    Toshiba    30 Pin Simms 4x9     60ns  4 meg   106.00
>
> 1624    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 512x36  70ns  2  meg   50.00
> 1625    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 1x36    70ns  4  meg  100.00
> 1626    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 2x36    70ns  8  meg  200.00
> 1627    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 4x36    70ns  16 meg  400.00
> 1628    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 8x36    70ns  32 meg  800.00
>
> 1624    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 512x36  60ns  2  meg   52.00
> 1625    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 1x36    60ns  4  meg  104.00
> 1626    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 2x36    60ns  8  meg  208.00
> 1627    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 4x36    60ns  16 meg  416.00
> 1628    Toshiba    72 Pin Simms 8x36    60ns  32 meg  832.00
>
> Memory for the Macintosh
>
> 1122    Toshiba    1 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  1 meg   31.00
> 1123    Toshiba    2 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  2 meg   62.00
> 1124    Toshiba    4 meg x 8 Simm Module 70ns  4 meg  109.00
>
> CPU's
>
> 1276    Intel      80486 DX/33                        115.00
> 1277    Intel      80486 DX/50                        188.00
> 1278    Intel      80486 DX-2/66                      156.00
> 1279    Intel      80486 DX-4/75                      358.00
> 1280    Intel      80486 DX-4/100                     498.00
> 1281    Intel      Pentium 80501-60                   366.00
> 1282    Intel      Pentium 80501-66                   453.00
> 1283    Intel      Pentium 80502-90                   558.00
>
> Hard Disk Drives
>
> Seagate Barracuda Drives
> 1351    Seagate    ST11950N 8ms  3.5" 1.69 GB SCSI    658.00
> 1352    Seagate    ST12550N 8ms  3.5" 2.1  GB SCSI    899.00
> 1353    Seagate    ST15150N 8ms  3.5" 4.2  GB SCSI  1,526.00
> 1354    Seagate    ST31200N 11ms 3.5" 1.05 GB SCSI    538.00
> 1355    Seagate    ST11900N  9ms 3.5" 1.7  GB SCSI    628.00
> 1366    Seagate    ST2400A   9ms 3.5" 2.1  GB SCSI    856.00
> 1367    Seagate    ST15230N  9ms 3.5" 4.29 GB SCSI  1,454.00
> 1368    Seagate    ST41080N 11ms 5.5" 9.08 GB SCSI  2,848.00
>
> Western Digital
> 1366    Western    AC2340 12ms  3.5"  340  MB IDE     122.00
> 1367    Western    AC2420 12ms  3.5"  420  MB IDE     136.00
> 1368    Western    AC2540 12ms  3.5"  540  MB IDE     160.00
> 1369    Western    AC2700 12ms  3.5"  731  MB IDE     230.00
>
> Conner
> 1372    Connor     CFS420A  14ms  3.5"  420  MB  IDE  138.00
> 1373    Connor     CFA540A  10ms  3.5"  540  MB  IDE  168.00
> 1374    Connor     CFA1080A 10ms  3.5"  1080 MB  IDE  408.00
>
> ORDERING INFORMATION
>
> To order please use a company order form/letterhead or if for
> personal use, use a plain white sheet of paper with your return
> address. List the items desired by order number, the quantity
> and total cost.  Send your order with check or money order
> payable to Choice Trading Company to:
>
> Choice Trading Company
> Order Processing  Lot #1776
> 86228 Terminal Annex
> Los Angeles, Ca. 90086-0228
>
> Orders are processed on a first come basis.  Adjustments and
> refunds will be made immediately for items that have sold out.
> Please allow 2 to 3 Weeks for shipping.  Due to court ordered
> restrictions we are unable to accept COD, phone or credit card
> orders.
>
> This public offering is valid through December 30, 1994. Any
> unsold inventories will be auctioned.  For auction information
> please send a self addressed stamped enveloped to:
>
> Choice Trading Company
> Lot #1776
> 202 So. Broadway
> Los Angeles, Ca. 90012
> (213) 856 6172
>
> If you are unable to use this information, please pass it on to
> someone who may.
>
> Lionel M. Goldberg
> Actuary
>

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:49:42 EST
From: Matt Krom (krom@MEDIA.MIT.EDU)
Subject: Re: WTB: Cocteau Twins' "Snow"


It's all over the place!  Have you looked in stores??

Cheers,
Matt

>Need it for an x-mas present... Anyone want to sell, or can get it for me
>somehow, please let me know.
>
>Thunks alot.
>
>Skye


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:54:51 LCL
From: Sargent David Edward (desarg@MAIL.WM.EDU)
Subject: Re: muse-(was)Re: lisa g. sample


    so, how can a fanatic of female musicians get a copy of Muse?
    -the shortest message ever-
    from: desarg@mail.wm.edu


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 17:38:00 EST
From: Lawren Wu (lcwu@MIT.EDU)
Subject: Re: Throwing Muses

              12 Dec 1994 22:25:57 EST." <9412130341.AA29528@MIT.EDU>

>We just got the single, `Bright Yellow Gun' in.
>
>it's brilliant.  _University_ will definitely be a must buy.

Care to elaborate?  How does it compare with earlier Muses works musically?
Personally, I was a bit disappointed with _Red Heaven_, so I hope that it's not
more of the same.

Lawren
lcwu@mit.edu


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 16:36:42 -0800
From: ivo (beswick@chaph.usc.edu)
Subject: Re: muse-(was)Re: lisa g. sample


On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, Sargent David Edward wrote:

>     so, how can a fanatic of female musicians get a copy of Muse?


gee, I dunno...I kinda came across it as a fluke....*shrug*

Ivo


"Full moon past the window sideways..."     -----------
                                            | *  | * O|
beswick@scf.usc.edu                         |---------|
                                            |   *|    |
                                           ---m-/\/\-m--
                                               (    )


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:37:30 CST
From: David Sokol (sokol@sparc.ncpa.olemiss.edu)
Subject: I think I need a little poison


I figured it out.  It's the Kristin Hersh Experience's rendition
of "All Along The Watchtower".
So how many days, hours, minutes and seconds until _University_
is released in the U.S.?

                                        - Dave

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 20:49:57 -0600
From: missy pepper (ST5C0@JETSON.UH.EDU)
Subject: 4 calanders for my collander


i realize this is a bit late, but seeing as i was not on this list when
4 Cal.Cafe came out, i just remembered a question i wanted to ask for the
longest time, but didn't find anyone who could answer it.

presto chango! here's da question.....

I've heard that a lot of people dislike 4 Cal. Cafe. I think it's the album
that more than just being awe inspiring music has such a comforting feeling to
it. The lyrics on "Know who you are at every age" have the same kind of
comforting eeling that Kate Bush's Hounds of Love does. Mabye this is why i
think 4cc is such a good album, but there is also a great swimmy quality.
Hard to explain, but the echo-y lead guitar is perfectly paired with the Video,
all of the floating swirlly things. (I know that was a misplaced clause, but
you'll forgive me for not being Ms. Grammar...) ANYWAY, I wish I could play
this particular segment and show you what i mean..but the question is
Why have the critics downplayed this album as inferior to Victorialand-era
recordings? I think i am fairly well versed in CT history, and i think
this is just a new direction, not necessarily an inferior one.
What do you think?

lisa


Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 21:12:40 -0600
From: missy pepper (ST5C0@JETSON.UH.EDU)
Subject: Wuthering Heights by Sakamoto


OK, who has cable and who has just plain civillian TV?

this is important because TNT did an amazing production of "Wuthering
Heights" with Ralph Finnes and Juliette Binoche. It was astouniding.
Heights" with Ralph Finnes and Juliette Binoche. It was astouniding.
Heights" with Ralph Finnes and Juliette Binoche. It was astouniding.
(excuse my puter,It's being bad...)
anyway, the music is breathtaking. The movie is so good. I'm a die-hard
Laurence Olivier person, but these people are PERFECT. The direction was
amazingly better than the 40's version. Much more emphesis on the supernatural
forces that bound Cathy and Heathcliff together.

I want this music. Anyone know where i can get it, or a good resouce to try?

                lisa, the Bronte obsessed....


erikas@evo.org, last updated by Eyesore Automation on 12-13-1994